You may not think highly of yourself, but God wants you to like who you are. Here are 5 practical tips to help increase your self-acceptance and improve your opinion of yourself:
1. Never speak negatively about yourself. The communication of your faith is made effectual by acknowledging every good thing in you through Christ Jesus, not by focusing on the wrong. …
2. Avoid comparing yourself to others. Peter encountered this obstacle when he compared himself to another disciple. He said, “Lord, what about this man? Jesus replied, If I want him to stay (survive, live) until I come, what is that to you?…” (John 21:21-22 AMP). We are not called to compare, only to comply.
3. Let God determine your worth. Remember that you have already been accepted by God.
4. Keep your flaws in perspective. It’s ok to see where you want to improve, but make sure you appreciate your progress.
5. Discover the true source of confidence. If you place your confidence in God, you can’t help but have a healthy attitude. Do your best, and leave the results to Him.
Prayer Starter: God, thank You for accepting me even when I have trouble accepting myself. Help me to acknowledge the good qualities You’ve given me and keep my flaws in perspective as I find my confidence in You. Joyce Meyer submitted by Francine Doyon
END OF ARTICLE
Copyright (c) 2016 – WOW! Women Ministries – http://wowontheweb.com
If this message has been a blessing to you and you would like to see more like them posted on this site, you can help make this possible by your gifts to Nasa Ministries.
Please prayerfully consider helping us with a financial gift today.
Your contribution allows us to keep expanding our outreach for the kingdom of God. Click here to donate today.
For more teaching like this, get one of Earma’s WOW! Women books or send for the WOW! Women Trilogy gift set. Click here If you enjoyed the teaching and was blessed, consider supporting Earma & the WOW! message with a donation. Click Here to donate