In The Name Of Jesus
[content_box_red width=”75%”]WOW Words of Today: And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus. –Colossians 3:17b.[/content_box_red]
When I got married I received my husband’s name in the marriage covenant. Through that covenant everything I had belongs to him and everything he had came to me. That includes good and bad, debts and blessings.
According to Scripture, my body belongs to him and his body to me. 26 Did you know in a similar way when we got born again we received Christ’s name and his authority through a blood covenant? When someone enters a covenant of blood, he is giving himself completely away. He is no longer his own. His assets and debts, his strengths and weaknesses belong forever to his covenant brother.
Also, in a blood covenant that person’s name becomes yours forever. Whether it’s good or bad—it’s yours. When we received Jesus as Lord and Savior, He took our name! Our name was sin, shame, and weakness. Our name was fear and poverty and any other evil thing we inherited from the human race through Adam.27 The Good news is Jesus took those names from us exchanging them for His own.
We have been given Jesus name and the authority that goes with it. The power of God is in His name to bring what ever we need to pass. The name Jesus, meaning ‘Yahweh the Lord saves, was given to the Messiah by God and fully summed up all that Jesus came to do but also all that he is.28 He came to save but he is the Lord himself. Look and reflect on what names are in the name of Jesus:
JESUS—Mighty God, Wisdom, Deliverer, Lion of the Tribe of Judah, Word of Life, Advocate, Provider, The Great I Am, Helper, Savior, Prince of Peace, Wonderful Counselor, Lamb of God, Lord of Hosts, Root of David, Author & Finisher, The Way, Healer, Son of God, The Truth, Chief Cornerstone, King of Kings, Light of the World, Chief Shepherd, My Strength & Song, Righteous Judge, Son of Righteousness, Faithful & True, Word of God, Resurrection & Life, The Alpha & Omega.
POWER IN THE NAME
There is power in the name of Jesus.29 When I was growing up, my mother as a Christian taught us children one simple message, “If you are ever in trouble and you don’t know what to do or say, call upon the name of Jesus. He will hear you and answer.”30
Our society has so taken the name of our Lord lightly. This attitude will influence you if you are not careful. If so, begin afresh to reverence the name of Jesus. Begin anew to realize the power in that name:
- Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name. –Philippians 2:9
- May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of God of Jacob protect you. –Psalm 20:1
- Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord have never forsaken those who seek you. –Psalm 9:10
- The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. –Proverbs 18:10
- And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus. –Colossians 3:17b
- You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. –John 14:14
Then when the need arises that you must use the name that is above all other names—circumstances, sickness, poverty, trouble; you will be assured you will have faith in the name of Jesus. Realize anew what our Father God has said about the name of the Lord.
[divider_line]Insert Your Text Here[/divider_line]
21 Day W.O.R.D. Challenge Exercise
(Memorize Memory Scripture, Pray and Say it aloud throughout every day of the challenge.)
- Memory Scripture: For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. -2 Corinthians 5:21
- Confession: I am the righteousness of God through Christ.