Believing In God’s Blessing Power In You
[content_box_red width=”75%”]WOW Word of Today: Effectively use the power of life through blessing. Our families, our spouses, children, parents and others need our power to bless their life. -Earma[/content_box_red]
Through the years as the occult and witchcraft gained popularity the word ‘curse’ has become familiar term in our American culture and society. It still strikes fear in the heart of some.
On the other hand, the word ‘blessing’ seems to have lost its power. It has become a courteous good-bye or ‘God bless you’ between Christian families and groups.
With little power or understanding Christians recite the names of family members praying, “God bless Mama, Daddy, Johnnie, Susie and my friend Todd.
The Japanese scientist through his experiment simply tapped into an age-old God-inspired principle that is as basic and changeless as the scientific laws I mentioned earlier. That principle is ‘the power of death and life are in the tongue.’ To bless is to honor, praise and salute another.34
To be blessed is to be given power for prosperity, success and longevity.
• The blessing began with God who after creating mankind in His own image blessed them.35 Other examples of God’s blessing being spoken are:
- I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing.36
- From the time he put him in charge of his household and of all that he owned, the Lord blessed the household of the Egyptian because of Joseph. The blessing of the Lord was on everything Potiphar had, both in the house and in the field.37
- The Ark of the Lord remained in the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite for three months and the Lord blessed him and his entire household.38
Following the example of our creator God, Hebrew families developed a tradition of blessing their children.
Though linked to the birthright, the blessing was different. The birthright was intended primarily for the first- born child. A specific and personalized blessing was reserved for each child in the family.39
In the Old Testament tradition, the blessing would invoke God’s protection, prosperity and success. When God blessed, nothing could turn it away. A curse could come but it would be removed by the stronger power of blessing.
In Numbers, when Balak attempted to bribe Balaam to curse the Israelites God said, “You shall not curse the people, for they are blessed.” In Numbers 23 Balaam says, “God is not a man, that he should lie; He doesn’t change his mind like humans do. Has he ever promised, without doing what he said?
Look! I have received a command to bless them. For God has blessed them and I cannot reverse it.”40 In a similar manner, no matter what evil has been spoken over our lives, remember God has the last word on our blessing. I encourage you to begin to effectively use the power of life through blessing.
Our families, our spouses, children, parents and others need our power to bless their life. There are lots of ways to communicate a blessing. As with any improvement or change first assess what you have been doing. When was the last time you:
- Cooked your family’s favorite meal.
- Dressed up for your spouse.
- Played over an hour with your children.
- Invited someone to dinner after Church.
- Just listened to someone’s troubles without judging.
You can increase your power to bless by beginning to look for small ways to bless your family and those around you. According to the Old and New Testament here are a few elements designed to release a blessing.
For more about Believing In God’s Blessing Power In You, get a copy of book one of the WOW! Women Series: WOW! Women of Worth
[divider_line]Insert Your Text Here[/divider_line]
21 Day W.O.R.D. Challenge Exercise
(Memorize Memory Scripture, Pray and Say it aloud throughout every day of the challenge.)
- Memory Scripture: For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. -2 Corinthians 5:21
- Confession: I am the righteousness of God through Christ.